So, the Internet never disappoints. Just the other day, I was looking for an image to best sum up the term “takes it on the chin,” and you can imagine the types of imagery that resulted. Anyway, as I was trolling through my favorite sites that usually deliver interesting recipes paired with beautiful photos I found it. I didn’t just find ANY recipe…I found THE recipe. You know, the one that makes you go “what the f*ck!” Honey & Jam gives us sausage pancakes.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 tbs melted butter
1 cup milk (buttermilk is fantastic)
breakfast sausage, cooked & crumbled
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium bowl, whisk to combine.
2. Add egg & butter, stir lightly.
3. Add milk and whisk – not too much, it’ll make your pancakes rubbery.
4. Heat about half a tablespoon of butter a frying pan over medium-high heat.
5. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake.
6. Add sausage to the top, before flipping. Brown both sides.
Top with maple syrup & enjoy!